These school holidays are a perfect time to optimise the final days of warm weather and head off camping. When you’re unsure of certain amenities available or places to buy fresh produce planning for meals can be hard. This campfire one-pot beans mix is exactly what it implies, one pot! It also uses 90% canned ingredients which means you don’t need to stress about sourcing out fresh meat or veg. Plus, this recipe may be made over a portable gas stove or even over an open fire with the appropriate pot.
As all of our recipes aim to be, these campfire beans are not only easy but also nutritious! One serve alone provides you with almost 3 serves of vegetables and gives you 12.8g of fibre!
To top it off, it’s also highly flexible. You can alter the recipe by swapping the rice for a slice of bread or even adding the bean mixture to a salad. The mixed herbs and spices can also be swapped for whatever you have available!
Campfire One-Pot Beans
Prep: Approx. 20 minutes
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1x 400g tin four bean mix
- 1x 400g tin corn kernels
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- Add onion to a medium pan non-stick pan and cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, four bean mix, corn, mixed herbs, cumin, paprika and chilli, bring to a low simmer for ~10-15 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Serve mixture with a small serving of rice and top with a dollop of yoghurt and enjoy!
Campfire One-Pot Beans Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|